This week I’m joining in iHomeschoolNetwork’s 10 in 10 Blog Hop.
Here are my 10 homeschooling must haves:
1. Planners – I love planners. In my attempt to be organized have probably gone through 50 in the last year until I found the current two that I LOVE. The first one is The Weekly Homeschool Planner from Homeschool Creations, which is just $12 until the end of the month. The other is Homeschool Skedtrack, which is online and free. I use both of these planners each for different reasons.
2. Internet – Between the Amazon, Pinterest, and Blogs I don’t know where I would be without the internet. It has become a very essential tool in our homeschooling.
3. Colored Pencils – We love colored pencils more than crayons here. They color better and don’t break as easily. C especially loves the twistable kind.
4. Homeschool Group/Friends – I couldn’t make it without the friends I have found online and through my local homeschool group. These women have supported me and give me the strength, advice and sometimes a kick in the butt when I need it. If you’re in the New Orleans area, let me know and I’ll send you a link to our group.
5. Printer – I don’t know any homeschooler that can live without a printer. I print so much, I probably should grow a small forest to replace the trees.
6. Laminater – second to my printer is my laminater. I got this one at Walmart for about $25. I use it all the time for printables, games, and other things.
7. Whiteboard – last year I purchased a 3ft x 4ft whiteboard from the local teacher supply store. I LOVE this thing, it’s perfect for us and we use it daily for everything. I was scared to get such a big board, but honestly I could use a bigger one especially with two kids.
8. Place for artwork – I created a place in our school room to hang artwork simply by stringing up some clothes line across a window. I hand the artwork with clothespins. It’s perfect and gives the kids a sense of pride to see their work on display.
9. Art trays - I got these trays from Discount School Supply for tot/preschool trays but we also use them for messy play activities and art projects. They are perfect for all, light enough that the 3 yr old can carry them herself and washable. I’m thinking about buying more for this school year.
10. Kindle Fire - I could homeschool without it, but I don’t want to homeschool without it. From educational apps to movies via Amazon and Netflix to books it has become a big part of our homeschooling.
So what are your must haves for homeschooling?
This post is linked up at Many Little Blessings Top Ten Tuesday.
This post contains links to some of my affiliates.