We’ve been gluten free for a year now and it’s been a journey filled with lots of buying awful tasting products. But through the year I have found products I LOVE and that are now staples in my house! Here are my top 5 favorite gluten free products! I’m going to post links from Amazon but I can get most of these products cheaper at the various grocery stores in my area, so check there first!
5. Tinkyada Brown Rice Pastas - these are the best gluten free pasta we have tried. They don’t cook mushy like other gluten free pastas and have the flavor and constancy of real pasta. I can get these at Whole Foods, Walmart, Winn Dixie and Rouses for about the same price once you add sales tax as Amazon charges.
4. Van’s Natural Gluten Free Crackers – It took me forever to find a cracker I could even handle. The problem I ran into with gluten free crackers is that they all tasted like cardboard. I don’t know about you but I don’t want to eat cardboard. Then in Walmart one day I saw the Van’s Natural Gluten Free Crackers, we already liked their waffle line so I tried them. OMG… SO GOOD! I like the Lot’s of Everything Flavor and the kids like the Cheese flavor. I can get these at Walmart and Rouses cheaper than Amazon so keep check your stores first!
3. Toufayan Gluten Free Wraps – If you have ever tried a gluten free wrap or tortilla you know that most of them suck. They taste like paper and they break and they don’t roll like a flour tortilla. I had given up on ever cooking Mexican again besides tacos because of this. Then at a dinner party someone bought these because they knew I was gluten free and OMG…. Life changing y’all! These are awesome, they taste great and they roll. The problem, I can only find them at one Walmart in my area and they are always out of stock. Rouses did say they would start carrying them in the next few weeks after I begged for them on Twitter and the company is sending me a media pack to review (so excited). You will not find these in the bread aisle, they are in the deli / bakery area with pita breads.
2. Udi’s Gluten Free - Udi’s has some many products that I LOVE that it’s hard to choose one. The muffins are delicious, their bread is the only bread I buy, the kids love the pizza crust and chocolate chip cookies. It’s hard to pick just one Udi’s product. I can only get Udi’s products at Whole Foods locally. Amazon has some products but not as good of a varitey as Whole Foods and at higher prices. I’m still waiting
1. King Arthur Gluten Free Mixes – This is another brand that I just can’t pick one favorite from the brand. Everything we’ve tried as been AWESOME and that is why it made the #1 spot in my countdown. The cake mixes and brownies are delicious and people can’t tell the difference between them and ones made from flour. The muffins, in a word YUM! The flour isn’t dense like other gluten free flours and fries and bakes nice and fluffy. And they are coming out with an All Purpose Baking Mix, very excited to try this! This is another brand I can only find locally at Whole Foods and for a lot cheaper than Amazon sales it.
So these are my top 5 favorite gluten free foods. Do you have a favorite gluten free brand? I would love for you to share it with me!