Sensory / Motor Skills -
- Sensory Bin – place seeds, dirt, silk flowers and garden tools in a plastic tub and let the children explore and pretend to plant a garden
- Planting flowers – give children some garden tools and a small area of the yard to dig in, provide them with some flowers or seeds to plant.
- Dirt Playdough – make brown playdough, recipe here, and give children silk flowers and other garden items so that they can pretend their playdough is dirt.
Science / Social Studies -
- Sprout Seeds - have children place a damp paper towel in a ziploc bag, on the paper towel place a bean, seal the bag and tape it to the a window, watch the bean sprout inside the bag.
- Plant a seed - give children a fast growing seed such as grass, some dirt and a small cup. Have children fill the cup with dirt and plant their seed. Help them keep the dirt moist and watch their seed grow.
- Rainbow Carnations - place white carnations with stems cut into different colored water, watch as the water changes the color of the carnations to make them the color of the rainbow.
- G is for grass – Give children the letter G and have them glue Easter grass into their G.
- F is for Flowers – Give children the letter F, and have them place flower stickers or flower stamps inside their F.
- S is for Seeds – Give children the letter S and let them glue seeds inside of it
- W is for Watermelon – any of the W is for Watermelon activities at Confessions of a Homeschooler
- Flower Counting – write the numbers 1-10 on a flower cutout , give children seeds or flower erasers and have them count the the number of seeds / erasers to match the number on the flower cut out.
- Flower Pot Number Match – cut out flower pots with the numbers 1 – 10 on them, then cut out flowers and draw seeds on the flowers, have children match their flowers with the correct pots.
Recipe / Snacks -
- Dirt - make chocolate puddling, and put crushed Oreo on top, you can plant edible herbs into your dirt or add gummy worms.
- Squeezing juice - give children a lemon, orange, grapefruit or other citrus fruit, a cup and juicer. Show them how to squeeze the juice out of the fruit with their hands or with the juicer. They can then drink the juice or use it to help you cook something.
Arts and Crafts -
- Flower Painting – give children a flower on a stem such as a mum or carnation and some flower petals. Let them dip the flower and petals in paint to create a masterpiece.
- Cupcake Flowers – cut out stems and leaves from green construction paper, have them glue those to another sheet of construction paper. Have children glue a cupcake liner on top of the stem and sprinkle seeds inside. They then can draw dirt, a sun etc to finish their flower.
- Soda Bottle Painting – have children dip the bottom of a 20oz soda or water bottle and have them make flowers on their paper.
- Handprint Flower – have children paint a stem onto construction paper, paint their hand with a pretty color paint and then have them place their handprint on top of their stem for a handprint flower.
Tot Trays -
- Seed Sorting – give children a bowl full of 4 different type of seeds, give them 4 small bowls and tweezers. Have them sort the seeds using the tweezers to pick them up.
- Flower Sort - give children a package of small silk flowers of different colors, have them sort the flowers by color.
- Plant a Rainbow - give children different color mini flower pots and pom poms, have them plant the pom poms into the correct colored pot using tongs.
- Flower Arranging – give children a vase and flowers, either real or fake and let them arrange them in the vase.